November 25 – Topic: Which designer has inspired you to stitch the greatest number of designs and why do you think that is? (via Hazel, who I follow on Instagram!)
There’s a few designers that I collect/hoard/stash. I have a lot of Theresa Wentzler’s, altho I only have two finishes and two WIPs & one more kitted up; I went thru an Alma Lynne phase and I have one finish but another 10-15 charts; obviously a Winnie-the-Pooh phase when Lou was younger (those three finishes are currently hanging in Mase’s bedroom, and will likely move along to first grandchild). I have probably 20 BHG Christmas magazines that I pick stuff out of, & some Ink Circles gifted to me by Lynne, and 8 Lavender & Lace (MLI was Nora’s mum) but in the last year my stitching revival is mostly Nora Corbett. I would have 40+ charts stashed away and four current WIPs:
- Arezzo (over one)
- Roses of Provence (I’m re-thinking my decision to frog the current fabric, it might be easier now I have a portable stand)
- Reindeer Parade (my mish-mash with Rudolph complete except for beads, and Blitzen partially done)
I have quite a few finishes for only 20 months too:
- Mediterranean Mermaid
- Santa’s Sleigh
- Shimmering Mermaid’s compass (I don’t like this mermaid, but I had to do the compass)
- Audubon St Yellow Figbird
- Audubon St Scarlet Tanager
- Audubon St Blue Monarch Flycatcher
- Fairy Letter L (click on the Conversion tab for deets)
- Fairy Letter C (again, click on Conversion for details)
And I’ve stitched on 5 of the seven Mira Round Robins too which has been fun!
I’m trying not to hoard too much. I have far more than I will ever stitch in my lifetime and while Z and M have fleeting phases of wanting to stitch it isn’t the norm by any means! However I think I will encourage it over the heat of the summer months. With seven weeks away from school there is only so much TV and Wii a boy can deal with!
Here’s last night’s bit of stitching. I played with the stand & while Lenna’s Mermaid Tails RR is far too big to fit on any scroll, my little bookmark fitted perfectly on the smallest set:
Isn’t he cute? I re-worked the CloudsFactory design as I wanted a slightly round but not as round as their characters Poirot. This morning I sat down for 30 mins and I have the beginnings of Mr Darcy (Jenna’s bookmark). He should work up nice and fast!