WIPocalypse is hosted by Mel at her blog http://measi.net/measiblog/ 2017 was the seventh year of the SAL, and my third year participating; it’s my favourite SAL, mostly due to the host organisation (which is spot on), the range of topics & the wide variety of stitchers participating. There’s always something to oooh over!
January 7 – Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!
So for those of you new to my blog, my name is Paula & I live in Auckland, NZ. My partner & I have four children, ranging from 23 to 8 & we both work full time, plus have plenty to do outside of work & home, so I can already predict that 2018 isn’t going to be my biggest stitchy year. BUT at least this year my plans are realistic!!
So my focus pieces for 2018 (given that I want to end in the black for Stitch From Stash also) are in order of attention (bracket date indicates the start month & year):
- Mirabilia Ashley’s Roses Round Robin section (Dec 2018)
- Semco Toy Story Sampler (October 2013) – Zac will be 15 soon, & this needs to be done before then! But first I have to hunt it down…
- Mirabilia Fairy Idyll (September 2017) – Gail has loaned me the chart, & I want to return it this year
- TW Tapestry Cat (Dec 2006!) – because it deserves progress
- Mirabilia Persephone (May 2015) –because I want to get thru that skirt!
- Jane Austen SAL (December 2017) –because I want to keep up with the readings
I brought Si the Lego Technic Fire Rescue set on Friday & we sat down last night, telly on in the background (8 out of Ten Cats & Taskmaster Season 5, if you’re that interested) and stitched/bricked and talked into the late hours. He starts back at work today so that may not have been the brightest idea ever, but I found that as his hands were busy, they weren’t constantly changing channel & I could focus more on the stitching. I’m up to a bit where the symbols beside each other are shades of the same colour – a filled in heart & a filled in upside down triangle. I see a frog in my future!