I can’t believe we’re at the month end already. Winter is playing with the senses; the leaves on the trees are hanging on just that little bit longer than last year, and on my drive home they fill up a portion of my emotional bank. I like autumn; I hate winter rain.
Let’s re-visit May’s goals:
- Disney hoop & needle book for new swap – COMPLETED but modified; I ended up making four little people as plastic canvas magnets for my partner’s fridge. She’s also getting a fox-applique zip wallet pattern & a few other goodies. These are my SMALLS choices this month.
- Start Julie’s round robin (if I get a finish, I will start Andromeda!) – STARTED but I also started Andromeda. She’s my travel piece as I didn’t feel I could take Julie’s huge piece of fabric around in the car.
- Finish Mill Hill Believe (about ½ done) – FAILED it’s still in the basket at home. No urge to even do a thread’s worth.
- Finish Emi, my portion of Julie’s round robin (Stitch From Stash “Finish it Up” SAL) – should be easy, I’ve only got the black DMC and the Kreinik bow body to do
- Finish Andromeda – or at least get the conversion nutted out & rock completed
- Work at least one day on MH Believe (Stitch Maynia Whine & WIPs SAL)
Question of the Month – Which designer’s projects do you absolutely love, but are too intimidated to try?
I’d vote for Chatelaines https://chatelaine.de/ by Martina Rosenberg. I’m thinking I might start with one of her Mini Mystery castles – but the pattern alone is nearly $40 NZD plus then I’d have to buy silks or convert. And the specialty stitches!!! I’d be living at Liz’s and I don’t know if she’d like me anymore after that 🙂 They are a huge investment in time and money & the perfectionist in me has trouble with that right now, especially with three kids still at home.
Perhaps I should just finish those TWs I have instead!