Eloquent and graceful; this is a must-read
Today I went to a tattoo artist, and for $60 I let a man with a giant Jesus-tattoo on his head ink a semi-colon onto my wrist where it will stay until the day I die. By now, enough people have started asking questions that it made sense for me to start talking, and talking about things that aren’t particularly easy.
We’ll start here: a semi-colon is a place in a sentence where the author has the decision to stop with a period, but chooses not to. A semi-colon is a reminder to pause and then keep going.
In April I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. By the beginning of May I was popping anti-depressents every morning with a breakfast I could barely stomach. In June, I had to leave a job I’d wanted since I first set foot on this campus as an incoming freshmen because of my mental…
View original post 1,317 more words
Wow, WIPocalypse already! Time just seems to be flowing by. Sometimes I feel like I barely have time to breathe before diving into the next thing & I wish it would all just slow down a little.
Since the last WIPocalypse check-in, I’ve had some wins. Now seems like a good time to go over the May goals:
- Complete Ali’s April prompts for One Little Word FAIL
- Print out the last 10 days before Christmas & journal to complete my December Daily for 2014 FAIL
- Bead the night sky on Stargazer (which is only 4-6 hours at the most!) FINISHED! https://sewscrapmuse.wordpress.com/2015/05/28/its-almost-friday-lets-have-a-finish/
- Start & finish the C fairy for framing; it’s the MIL’s birthday in six weeks so this is priority! FINISHED! https://sewscrapmuse.wordpress.com/2015/05/28/fairy-is-framed/
- Complete my portion on Jacqui’s RR (hoping it’s leaving Scotland today/tomorrow) – second priority FINISHED! https://sewscrapmuse.wordpress.com/2015/05/25/jacquis-rr-is-done/
- Chose & stitch a “Small” for the Smalls SAL EH – Yeah. I listed Jacqui’s fairy as my Small, to take some pressure off
Nice to do’s:
- Finish the stitching & beading on Mediterranean Mermaid DIDN’T PICK HER UP AT ALL
- Sort out what my next big Mira will be STARTED THEN FROGGED ROSE OF SHARON; STARTED PERSEPHONE
So the June goals are:
- Complete Ali’s April & May prompts for One Little Word
- Print out the last 10 days before Christmas & journal to complete my December Daily for 2014
- Complete my portion on Debbie’s RR (mermaids!) which will probably also double as my Small
- Complete the hair portion of Persephone (it’s a lot of confetti, more than I anticipated)
- Layout & complete my portion for the new New Zealand FB XS group RR (only four to a group, fast)
- Complete Med Mermaid’s tail beading
Do you find yourself more productive with stitching in summer or winter? I’m about equal. In the summer I spend more time outdoors doing family stuff but I offset that against stitching while on the road (Si is one of those men, it’s my job to pack lunch/snacks and book the accommodation & find highlights on our route). In the winter there are always at least two nights a week that I don’t even think to pick up a needle due to exhaustion or mucking around with the kids’ training or a really good book. I binge watch recorded TV twice a week (my binges are pitiful, they amount to 2-3 episodes of whatever I’m loving right now) and stitch while watching.
Today is also WIP Wednesday for me. Here’s my new start, Mirabilia’s Persephone. I had started Rose of Sharon, then frogged when I realised that the fabbie wasn’t going to be big enough. It will do for the NZ RR which I’m playing around with now. Thinking Mira (surprise!) with a horizontal layout, four heads divided with a peony tree in the centre. Or four reindeer, but I am stitching these anyway…oh, I don’t know! What do you think?
From today I will be joining in with the Polstitches SAL for the Joan Elliot piece “Spirit of the Orient”. This is a design my friend Lynne loves and she hooked me in (it wasn’t hard; there are some aspects of the design I really like and was planning to “lift” for Smalls). I also have some gorgeous beads that I want to incorporate. Being late I don’t have any of the Polstitches fabric so will just be using plain Lugana. However I personally think this design is detailed & will pop better on plain fabbies anyway. I haven’t yet gone over to the dark side of dying fabrics – with the noteable exceptions of Stargazer (she had to be at late Twilight) and Mermaids of the Deep – which is a chart I still have to get my hands on but am already planning for a very similar colour to Stargazer.
Hope you approve, Jennie! x
a fruitful friday at work…different portions of Lizzie*Kate, adapted into excel then stitched.